Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hill of Hope: The Blog That Doesn't Care Whether You Read It

I guess we really can't blame homosexuals for believing they're super-special and expecting oohs and ahs simply for existing. As America is the most self-centered nation on earth, these attention-mongering prima donnas are simply a product of their environment.

I don't have a mySpace page, and I resisted joining Facebook until my interest in staying in contact with old friends superseded my contempt for the crass exhibitionism that has come to envelop our culture. If you read this blog regularly, first of all you need professional help, but second, you might suspect that I'm not a very social person. So I have very little interest in the social networking promised by these websites. More than that, though, my philosophy tends to be, I'm not interested in you--so why would you be interested in me?

Dennis Miller said that he likes climate-change alarmist czar Al Gore until he (Gore) starts thinking he's significant. The Internet is crawling with people who harbor the delusion that they are significant. I have a friend who told me that a friend of his from college now blogs for CNN. My response was, "Wow! 'I blog for CNN! There's only like one million of us!'" Honestly if I ever ask you what you do for a living and you proudly reply that you blog, I will laugh derisively.

Seeing that I feel this way, you may wonder why I have a blog. Sometimes I wonder myself. The best explanation I have is that occasionally I have something to say, and I may want someone to read it, someday.

Someday I may also want to look back and say at least one of two things:
a) Wow, I was extremely witty and perceptive back then
b) Wow, I was a really stupid b****

Or you can save me time and say these things now.

No comments: